The Conference will be held in Sulmona (L'Aquila, Italy) from 27 to 30 September, 2009.
The aim of the Conference is to provide an opportunity for a meeting of scientists
and technologists working on novel functional and nanostructured materials.
The conference programme will cover experimental investigations, theory and modelling of:
- Photonic and optoelectronic materials
- Magnetic materials and diluted magnetic semiconductors
- Catalytic materials
- Nanoparticle materials and nanolitography
- Physics and technology of nanostructured semiconductors and superconductors
- Auxetic materials and models
- Thin and thick films
- Organic, hybrid and composite materials
- Micro/Nano Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS/NEMS): technology and applications
- Physics and technology of carbon nanotubes and carbon-based materials
- Industrial applications of nanotechnology
The Conference is envisaged to include a Round Table Meeting intended to promote cooperation and
preparation of cooperative projects, as well as applications for their funding at national and
international levels. The meetings will involve industrial partners in directing research towards
major practical problems in applications of advanced innovative technologies and facilitating
industrial applications of research results.
Strikingly beautiful landscapes extending from the Adriatic
coast to the highest peaks of the Apennine range,
characterize the Italian region of Abruzzo. Here, within a
relatively small area of land, one finds incredibly diverse
geological features such as the Majella and Gran Sasso
mountains, and soft sandy beaches washed by
the Adriatic sea. Abruzzo hosts the typical mountain
villages of Pescasseroli, Scanno, Pescocostanzo, the
seafront towns of, Ortona , Lanciano, Vasto, and the historic
art cities of L'Aquila, and Sulmona, where the Conferences are to be held.